We invite you to a come to our two-day conference for pastors and church leaders on October 30-31 at International Baptist Church of Manila in Makati. This year’s theme is “Gospel Awakening: An Urgent Call for the Church to Put the Gospel Back at the Center of Life and Ministry.”
In many churches today, the message of the gospel is assumed, sugar-coated or relegated to secondary importance, if not distorted or denied altogether. This trend can have devastating consequences in our lives and in our churches.
We pastors bear a tremendous responsibility to lead our churches, preach the biblical gospel, and protect God’s flock from dangers. That is why we need fresher eyes to have a clearer vision of the biblical gospel and why it is “of first importance” (1 Cor. 15:3). We also need to have hearts that are more confident in the gospel as “the power of God” (Rom. 1:16; 1 Cor. 1:18) for personal and corporate renewal.
Let us, then, work together with others with the same passion for the gospel and pray for a gospel reformation among many churches in our country.
Join us in worshipping God and listening to expositions of the Word in our six gospel-packed plenary sessions:
DAY 1 (Oct. 30)
- Plenary 1: No Other Gospel: Legalism, Antinomianism and the Gospel (Gal. 1:6-10) – Derick Parfan (Baliwag Bible Christian Church – Bulacan) and Jurem Ramos (Soli Deo Gloria Church – Davao City)
- Plenary 2: Holy, Holy, Holy: Rediscovering a Vision of the Holiness of God (Isa. 6:1-7) – Eric Hernandez (Sovereign Grace Baptist Church – Bulacan)
- Plenary 3: None is Righteous: The Sinfulness of Sin and the Folly of Works-Righteousness (Rom. 3:9-20) – Jurem Ramos
DAY 2 (Oct. 31)
- Plenary 4: Righteous in Christ: How the Cross of Christ Became for Us Redemption, Propitiation, and Justification (Rom. 3:21-26) – Jurem Ramos
- Plenary 5: Christ Lives in Me: The Life of Faith from Beginning to End (Gal. 2:20-3:6) – David Crim (International Baptist Church of Manila)
- Plenary 6: The Word of the Cross: Unleashing the Power of the Gospel for Personal and Corporate Renewal (1 Cor. 1:17-18; 15:1-10) – Derick Parfan
Participants can also choose to attend two of these workshops (one per day):
- Exposing the Dangers of the Prosperity Gospel
- Puritan Spirituality and Its Relevance to the Filipino Church
- Developing a Pastor’s Personal Spiritual Life
- Training Younger Leaders toward Gospel-Centrality
- Preaching the Gospel in an Age of Unbelief
- The Gospel and Church Membership
- Developing Healthy Relationships Among Church Leaders
- How to Apply the Gospel at Work
On Oct. 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed his ninety-five theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany. His “protest” against the anti-gospel teachings and practices of his time sparked a rediscovery of the gospel that quickly spread throughout western Europe. That great gospel awakening is now known as The Protestant Reformation.
A little over 500 years later, as we celebrate the gospel anew during Reformation Day, may it spur our hearts to preach the gospel in our churches with renewed vigor and passionate consistency. And, may the Lord be pleased to use these humble efforts to spark a new reformation in our country.
Registration fee is 500 pesos only, if paid until Sept. 16. Beyond that, regular rate is 750 pesos. Registration fee includes lunch, coffee, conference materials and other surprise gifts.