“Pray until you pray.” This is one of the simplest yet also one of the most difficult lessons that Don A. Carson learned about prayer. In the first chapter of his book A Call to Spiritual Reformation, he listed some of the lessons about prayer which he learned from other Christians.
- Much praying is not done because we do not plan to pray.
- Adopt practical ways to impede mental drift.
- At various periods in your life, develop, if possible, a prayer-partner relationship.
- Choose models – but choose them well.
- Develop a system for your prayer lists.
- Mingle praise, confession, and intercession; but when you intercede, try to tie as many requests as possible to Scripture.
- If you are in any form of spiritual leadership, work at your public prayers.
- Pray until you pray.